Cooking Time: 1 Hour
1 cup cottage cheese
2 cups whole milk
1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
½ teaspoon dry mustard
¼ teaspoon garlic powder
¼ teaspoon onion powder
Pinch ground cayenne pepper
Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
1 pound elbow macaroni
8 ounces sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
8 ounces mozzarella cheese, shredded, divided
½ cup grated Parmesan cheese
Cooking oil spray
½ cup panko bread crumbs
2 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
1. In a blender or food processor, combine the cottage cheese, milk, Dijon and dry mustards, garlic powder, onion powder, cayenne, salt, and pepper. Blend until smooth.
2. In a large bowl, combine the cottage cheese mixture, elbow macaroni, cheddar, half of the mozzarella, and the Parmesan until well mixed.
3. Coat the casserole dish with cooking spray. Arrange the pasta mixture in the dish. Cover tightly with foil.
4. Install a wire rack on Level Select BAKE, set the temperature to 375°F, and set the time to 60 minutes. Press
START/STOP to begin preheating.
5. When the unit has preheated, place the casserole dish on the wire rack. Close the oven door to begin cooking.
6. Meanwhile, in a small bowl, combine the panko with the melted butter and the remaining half of the mozzarella.
7. After 30 minutes, remove the casserole dish from the oven and remove the foil. Stir gently and spread the bread crumb mixture evenly on top.
8. Return the casserole dish to the oven and continue cooking for the remaining 30 minutes, or until golden brown.
9. When cooking is complete, let the macaroni and cheese cool for 10 minutes before serving.