Cooking Time:25 Minutes
2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
1 shallot, sliced thin
1 teaspoon minced fresh tarragon
Salt and pepper
2 carrots, peeled and cut into 2-inch-long matchsticks
1 fennel bulb, stalks discarded, bulb halved, cored, and sliced thin
4 (6-ounce) boneless, skinless chicken breasts, trimmed of all visible fat
2 scallions, sliced thin
1. Adjust oven rack to middle position and heat oven to 450 degrees. Cut eight 12-inch square sheets of
2. Cut away peel and pith from oranges. Quarter oranges, then slice crosswise into ½-inch-thick pieces; transfer to bowl. Combine oil, shallot, tarragon, ¼ teaspoon salt, and ⅛ teaspoon pepper in separate medium bowl. Toss oranges with half of oil mixture. Add carrots and fennel to remaining oil mixture and toss to coat. Pound chicken breasts to uniform thickness as needed. Pat breasts dry with paper towels and sprinkle with ¼ teaspoon salt and ⅛ teaspoon pepper.
3. Arrange carrot-fennel mixture evenly in center of four pieces of foil. Lay breasts over vegetables then spoon orange mixture over top.
4. Place remaining pieces of foil on top and fold edges over several times to seal. Place packets on rimmed baking sheet and bake until chicken registers 160 degrees, about 25 minutes. (To test doneness of chicken, you will need to open one packet.)
5. Carefully open packets, allowing steam to escape away from you, and let cool briefly. Smooth out edges of foil and, using spatula, gently slide chicken, vegetables, and any accumulated juices onto individual plates. Sprinkle with scallions and serve.
Nutrition Info: 340 cal., 12g fat (2g sag. fat), 125mg chol, 420mg sod., 17g carb (11g sugars, 5g fiber), 40g pro.