Cooking Time:25 Minutes
1 (9½ by 9-inch) sheet puff pastry, thawed
½ cup all-purpose flour
1 tablespoon canola oil
1 onion, chopped fine
1 celery rib, minced
Salt and pepper
3½ cups unsalted chicken broth
1 tablespoon low-sodium soy sauce
2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken breasts, trimmed of all visible fat
3 carrots, peeled, halved lengthwise, and sliced ¼ inch thick
1 cup 1 percent low-fat milk
¾ cup frozen peas
2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
2 teaspoons lemon juice
1. Adjust oven rack to middle position and heat oven to 425 degrees. Roll puff pastry into 13 by 9-inch rectangle on lightly floured counter and transfer to parchment paper–lined rimmed baking sheet. Using tip of paring knife, lightly score pastry in half lengthwise, then into quarters widthwise to create 8 segments, making sure not to cut through pastry completely. Bake pastry until puffed and lightly browned, about 8 minutes; let cool on sheet.
2. Toast flour in 12-inch nonstick skillet over medium-high heat, stirring often, until fragrant and lightly golden, about 5 minutes; transfer to medium bowl and let cool.
3. Meanwhile, heat oil in Dutch oven over medium heat until shimmering. Add onion, celery, and ½ teaspoon salt and cook until softened and lightly browned, 5 to 7 minutes. Stir in broth and soy sauce, scraping up any browned bits. Add chicken and carrots and bring to simmer. Reduce heat to medium-low, cover, and cook until chicken registers 160 degrees, 10 to 15 minutes. Transfer chicken to carving board,
let cool slightly, then shred into bite-size pieces using 2 forks.
4. Whisk milk into toasted flour until smooth, then whisk into cooking liquid in Dutch oven. Bring to simmer and cook, whisking constantly, until sauce thickens, about 2 minutes. Off heat, stir in chicken, peas, parsley, and lemon juice. Season with pepper to taste.
5. Transfer mixture to 13 by 9-inch baking dish. Place baked pastry on top and cut four 1-inch steam vents along center. Bake until pastry is deep golden and sauce is bubbling around edges, about 15 minutes. Let cool for 10 minutes before serving.
Nutrition Info: 350 cal., 13g fat (4g sag. fat), 85mg chol, 460mg sod., 25g carb (6g sugars, 3g fiber), 33g pro.