Cooking Time: 14 Minutes
4 ounces semisweet chocolate, finely chopped
½ cup heavy cream
¼ cup light corn syrup
½ teaspoon cinnamon
¼ teaspoon cayenne pepper
3 tablespoons unsalted butter, divided
1 cup water
½ cup granulated sugar plus 1 tablespoon
Pinch kosher salt
1 cup all-purpose flour
Vegetable oil for spraying
2 teaspoons cinnamon
1. To make the chocolate sauce, place the chopped chocolate in a heat-proof bowl. Combine the cream and corn
syrup in a small saucepan and bring to a simmer. Pour the warm cream mixture over the chocolate and stir until the chocolate is melted. Add the cinnamon and cayenne pepper. Set aside.
2. To make the churros, combine 1 tablespoon of the butter, the water, 1 tablespoon of the sugar, and the salt in a medium saucepan. Melt the butter over low heat. Add the flour and stir vigorously to form a dough ball. Continue to cook, stirring until the mixture looks dry and thick, 2 minutes. Remove from the heat and allow to cool to room temperature. Once cool, beat in the eggs one at a time, making sure the first egg is fully incorporated before adding
the second. Continue beating until the mixture is smooth. Let the dough rest for 30 minutes.
3. Place the churros batter into a piping bag outfitted with an extra-large tip, round or star-shaped. Spray the air fryer basket with oil. Working in batches, pipe churros that are 5 to 6 inches long and ¾ to 1 inch in diameter directly onto the air fryer basket. Do not crowd the basket. Use a knife or scissors to cut the dough when you’ve reached the desired length. Spray the churros with oil.
4. Select the AIR FRY function and cook at 360ºF for 12 to 14 minutes until the outside is firm and brown and the inside is soft. While the churros are cooking, combine the remaining ½ cup sugar with the cinnamon on a plate and whisk to combine. Melt the remaining 2 tablespoons of butter and place in a small dish.
5. Remove the cooked churros from the air fryer oven and immediately brush with melted butter and dredge in the cinnamon sugar. Repeat the process with the remaining churros. Serve hot with the chocolate sauce.