Cooking Time: 40 Minutes
3 cups whole milk
½ cup canola oil, plus more for greasing
3 large eggs
¼ cup dark molasses
2¼ cups all-purpose flour
2¼ cups cornmeal
⅓ cup sugar
1 tablespoon baking powder
1 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
1 teaspoon kosher salt
1. In a large bowl, whisk together the milk, oil, eggs, and molasses until smooth and well incorporated.
2. Add the flour, cornmeal, sugar, baking powder, cheddar, and salt to the bowl and whisk well to combine. There should be no clumps of dry ingredients in the mixture.
3. Grease the casserole dish with canola oil. Pour the corn bread batter into the dish.
4. Install a wire rack on Level 3. Select BAKE, set the temperature to 315°F, and set the time to 40 minutes. Press START/STOP to begin preheating.
5. When the unit has preheated, place the casserole dish on the wire rack. Close the oven door to begin cooking.
6. When cooking is complete, let the corn bread cool for 5 minutes before removing it from the dish and serving.