Cooking Time: 23 Minutes
Nonstick baking spray with flour
1¼ cups all-purpose flour
¹⁄₃ cup yellow cornmeal
¾ cup white sugar
1 teaspoon baking soda
¼ cup safflower oil
1¼ cups orange juice, divided
1 teaspoon vanilla
¼ cup powdered sugar
1. Select the BAKE function and preheat MAXX to 350ºF.
2. Spray a baking pan with nonstick spray and set aside.
3. In a medium bowl, combine the flour, cornmeal, sugar, baking soda, safflower oil, 1 cup of the orange juice, and vanilla, and mix well.
4. Pour the batter into the baking pan and place in the air fryer oven. Bake for 23 minutes or until a toothpick
inserted in the center of the cake comes out clean.
5. Remove the cake from the basket and place on a cooling rack. Using a toothpick, make about 20 holes in the
6. In a small bowl, combine remaining ¼ cup of orange juice and the powdered sugar and stir well. Drizzle this
mixture over the hot cake slowly so the cake absorbs it.
7. Cool completely, then cut into wedges to serve