Cooking Time: 10 Minutes
1½ cups pecan halves
1⅓ cups granulated sugar, divided
⅓ cup packed dark brown sugar
12 tablespoons (1½ sticks) unsalted butter, at room temperature
1¾ teaspoons kosher salt, divided
½ teaspoon baking soda
1 tablespoon vanilla extract
1 large egg
2 cups all-purpose flour
1½ cups toffee bits or butterscotch chips
1. Spread the pecans in a single layer on the sheet pan.
2. Install a wire rack on Level Select BAKE, set the temperature to 350°F, and set the time to 6 minutes. Press
START/STOP to begin preheating.
3. When the unit has preheated, place the sheet pan on the wire rack. Close the oven door to begin cooking.
4. When cooking is complete, remove the pan from the oven. Let the pecans cool, then chop them.
5. In a large bowl, combine 1 cup of granulated sugar, the brown sugar, butter, ½ teaspoon of salt, the baking soda, and vanilla. Using a hand mixer or stand mixer, beat until smooth and creamy.
6. Add the egg and continue to beat until creamy and well incorporated. Scrape down the sides of the bowl with a spatula. Add the flour, toffee bits, and pecans. Mix until fully incorporated.
7. In a small bowl, combine the remaining ⅓ cup of granulated sugar and 1¼ teaspoons of salt.
8. Using a spoon, scoop 1- to 1½-inch dough balls. Roll each in the sugar-and-salt mixture, then place them on the sheet pans about 1 inch apart (about 12 cookies per pan). Gently press down on each dough ball to form 2-inch rounds.
9. Install the wire racks on Levels 1 and 3. Select BAKE, select 2 LEVEL, set the temperature to 350°F, and set the time to 10 minutes. Press START/STOP to begin preheating.
10. When the unit has preheated, place a sheet pan on each wire rack. Close the oven door to begin cooking.
11. Cooking is complete when the cookies are crisp and brown at the edges and soft in the center. Carefully remove the sheet pans and place on trivets for the cookies to cool before serving.