Servings: 6 To 8
Cooking Time: 55 Minutes
1¼ cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
½ teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
¼ teaspoon ground nutmeg
¼ teaspoon salt
2 cups grated carrot
¾ cup granulated sugar
¼ cup brown sugar
¾ cup canola or vegetable oil
8 ounces cream cheese, softened at room temperature
8 tablespoons butter, softened at room temperature
1 cup powdered sugar
1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
1. Grease a 7-inch cake pan.
2. Combine the flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, nutmeg and salt in a bowl. Add the grated carrots and toss well. In a separate bowl, beat the sugars and eggs together until light and frothy. Drizzle in the oil, beating constantly. Fold the egg mixture into the dry ingredients until everything is just combined and you no longer see any traces of flour. Pour the batter into the cake pan and wrap the pan completely in greased aluminum foil.
3. Select the BAKE function and preheat MAXX to 350ºF.
4. Lower the cake pan into the air fryer basket using a sling made of aluminum foil. Fold the ends of the aluminum foil into the air fryer oven, letting them rest on top of the cake. Bke for 40 minutes. Remove the aluminum foil cover and bake for an additional 15 minutes or until a skewer inserted into the center of the cake comes out clean and the top is nicely browned.
5. While the cake is cooking, beat the cream cheese, butter, powdered sugar and vanilla extract together using a
hand mixer, stand mixer or food processor (or a lot of elbow grease!).
6. Remove the cake pan from the air fryer oven and let the cake cool in the cake pan for 10 minutes or so. Then
remove the cake from the pan and let it continue to cool completely. Frost the cake with the cream cheese icing and serve.